If you missed the Boise State upset of Oklahoma . . . . go home and get onto Sportscenter like right now.
I JUST saw one of the greatest 3 hour cinderalla sports movies ever. . . only it was a live NCAA football game. Like Bad News Bears, Mighty Ducks, and Hoosiers. . . all mixed together. . . .
- Little school vs. Big school
- Drama, mistakes, lead changes, and crazy overtime
- Multiple crazier-than-Blitz-style trick plays to tie the game and then win it in overtime
- "Gunslingin' quarterback" and a cast of undersized 'misfits' (with occasional misfit hairstyles even)
- Head Coach who looks like a prettyboy Billy Bob Thornton
- Oh, and even romance -- The running back who scored two TDs, including the game winner, proposed to his girlfriend -- the Boise State head cheerleader -- on national TV after the game.
For me it was a small consolation for Michigan losing to USC again. . . but still pretty sweet . . .
Wishing you the best in 2007. May your year be filled with as much razzle dazzle as the Boise State Broncos' playbook.
PS: Thanks to Stein and Meyotch for whupload of fun over NYE. More to come on that . . . probably.