(a recurring series unless I get tremendously ridiculed)
#1. Keep trying out new stuff.
- Be arbitrary about it if you have to. Make up a list of stuff you've always wanted to do, then do something off the list
- This applies to food, activities, friends, sports. Mix it up a little.
#2. Keep doing things you're bad at but enjoy. And don't be afraid to be bad at things in general
- With the notable exception of their jobs, grown ups try to avoid doing things at which they suck
- Doing only stuff you're good at means you won't ever do anything new (see rule #1)
- The lives of kids are filled with crap they're bad at cuz they're forced into it -- math class, gym, socializing -- Do you think in the younger years that teaches them to be more open minded and tolerant vs. high school where they start getting bitter and angsty?