Wednesday, July 26, 2006

If Seattle is a Musical Mecca. . . Then Am I Its Rebel God?

Seattle has a rep for being a pretty good musical town. . . If that's the case, then I'm here to say that C89.5 is its greatest radio station. The DJs are young, the music is fun, and it's a bunch of songs I HAPPEN to like. Take a listen to their webcasts and playlist at: http://www.c895worldwide.com/web/

Once again, FUCK YOU GRUNGE. This station is run by the REAL rebels of Seattle. That's right, this station is run by the students of NATHAN HIGH SCHOOL spinning dance and public affairs 24/7.

On a drive south of the city to see my cousins (not to mention getting lost on the way back in which gave me like 5 extra songs), I heard DAFT PUNK, Daruda (Sunrise, baby!), 2 Gnarls Barkley songs, the flyer throwing theme from 10 Things I Hate About You, the new Justin Timberlake, and remixes or dance covers of Christina Aguilera, Beastie Boys, Tom Petty, and Thompson Twins.

This might just be the closest thing I've heard to PAVA RADIO, including any station I've created so far on Pandora.

Related: I'm working on a theory about how turn of the century (21st that is) dance music is basically disrespected like it's heavy metal and. . . .like heavy metal. . . will make a double-sized comeback because it's so damn good AND shameless AND tuneful and is subsequently lambasted by pretentious shoegazers and other musical Enemies Of Fun.

Remember, dancing -- if you dance badly -- is only fun if everyone participates.

No comments: